4/28/07 11:30 p.m.

Yesterday and today both went okay. There were ups and downs to both days. We had therapy yesterday and it went well. We got some great news that Josh's wheelchair (the one we have been so anxious to receive) will either be here next Friday or the following Monday. This would be at least a week early which is encouraging. Kristy worked on Josh's power chair yesterday and got it a little more situated for him and we have had no problems today- praise God!

Josh went to a program today called Bikes for the Rest of Us. It is an organization of some sort that works at getting people with disabilities into a bike. Josh did not really want to go but I really encouraged him to check it out. He got a few ideas but he is still not sure what he is wanting. He did like these hand guards that hold his hands onto the handlebars and he doesn't have to have them Aced on like before. The problem was that he did not try a bike that leaned back far enough and he kept falling forward. Once again, he was frustrated. We did find out that it would be wise for him to wait until he is sure of what he wants before we look into ordering one. This organization would assist in purchasing a bike one time and we surely do not want to buy the wrong one.

The Syswerda clan had a baby shower for me and it was very nice. We got some nice gifts and some adorable clothes. It was nice to get away, if only for a few hours. We did run into some problems this morning before we left when we realized a very minor detail that had been forgotten (really I had forgotten). I had a babysitter for the kids today while I was going to be gone. I also had something set up for Josh to be brought to MFB for the bikes program that fell through. I then realized that I did not only need to get Josh a ride to the program but also someone who could be with him until I got home. This whole time I never thought about the fact that if I am not going to be home, I need 2 different caregivers. A little overwhelming. Our lives have changed so much over the last 3 and a half months and my brain cannot keep up. It's like I keep remembering all these things that need to be done but somehow I can't seem to get it all done. I'm sure we will continue to get to a more regular schedule but right now, it's a bit nuts.

Josh continues to be a bit cold, but not as bad as it has been. His spasms are still pretty rough but a bit better. We continue to push the water so that we can flush whatever infection seems to be happening. He did finally admit today that he seems to be fighting something. For Josh, this is quite an accomplishment!

As I said we have had numerous ups and downs over the past 2 days. Realizing how much has changed, how little control I have over everything that seems to be happening and all the help we need is very humbling. To know without a doubt that I could never do this without God and without the help of others is... I don't know, just hard. When you are calling everyone on your cell phone to see if someone can come and sit with your husband so that you can leave is just not how you imagine your life going.  Please continue to pray for us as we try to adjust to our new life here at home, especially on the tough days! We appreciate you all more than words can say!!!!!!!

Prayer Requests:


-Emotional, physical, and mental stability in this time of getting used to our new life

-Josh's triceps and fingers

Posted on April 28, 2007 .