4/22/07 11:00 p.m.

Today started bright and early, around 6:20.  We had a lot to accomplish before 8:30 when we had to leave to go to Daybreak.  We found someone to help on Sunday mornings when we need help getting Josh ready so this morning was easier than we were anticipating.

We got to Daybreak around 9 o'clock and Josh had a chance to share from his heart for the first time with people other than from our church. They did an interview with him on stage after showing a video they had created. We were both very happy with how the video turned out and how the service went. I also went on stage with Josh and I had a chance to feel so proud of him and how he handled the tough questions and how evident his faith is. Not to even suggest that it's not tough all the time, but his attitude encourages me a lot of the time.

We went out for Sunday dinner with some people from the church and had a nice time.  It's hard to go out to eat with people that have not seen us much since the accident. I'm sure the difference is stark and drastic. And then, I go and start forgetting to feed him. I got into a conversation with someone next to me and after a few minutes he whispers to me "Hey, will you keep feeding me? I'm kinda hungry." He was really sweet about it and grinned at me like he knew I would feel bad, but that's probably something I should work on. :-)

We came home around 3 o'clock and the kids were still with Zach and Rachel (the couple living with us until August). Josh talked about getting into bed for a few minutes so we had to place the lift sling under him to lift him up. This was the first time I have tried to do this on my own with this new sling. To say the least, I had a wrestling match with the sling for over a half hour and was near tears I was so frustrated. Thankfully, Josh and I both held it together at that point. After the sling incident, the time was pretty limited so we realized a nap was a little out of the question and he wanted to go out to the backyard to sit in the sun. Should have been easy, but it wasn't. The slider came off the track and, for the life of me, I could not get the door open. When I finally got the door open, I was ready to scream. At that point, I realized I had to get myself back together so that I could be ready to face the rest of the day. 

Josh had a bit of a harder evening after church, needing help to do so much and realizing his limits. Those times are hard and come often. I hate that there is nothing I can do to fix it but to listen to him and pray with him when he hurts. Even in these times of hardship, God has been a comfort when we feel like giving up.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we enter the first week of being home together and starting a new schedule. Any change right now is hard on Josh and so many people have talked about how difficult the first month back home is. We pray that God brings us joy, comfort and patience as we start this new life together.

Prayer Requests:


-Josh's fingers and triceps

-transitioning to our new life at home

Posted on April 22, 2007 .